Sweet Corn & Ham Filo Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tin sweet corn or fresh cooked kernels
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 300g thick-cut ham chopped into 1cm pieces
- 200g tasty cheese grated
- A small handful of finely chopped parsley
- 180g frozen filo pastry
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 26cm flan dish or similar.
- Layer filo in the dish spraying a little oil or brushing melted butter in between each sheet.
- Turn each sheet about 45° to the previous one to get an even covering. You'll need about 6 layers of pastry.
- Whisk eggs together with cream and the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture onto the pastry and pop quiche into the oven.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve either directly from the pie dish or if your pan has a pop-out base transfer the quiche to a large board or plate.
- Serve with a fresh salad or allow to cool and refrigerate for tomorrow's picnic!