Caramelised Feijoa Omelette
- 2 medium sized feijoas, peeled and sliced into rings
- A small amount of butter or oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 4 drops of vanilla essence
- Whipped cream, natural yoghurt or ice cream to serve
To caramelise the feijoas
- Fry the slices of feijoas in a little butter over a medium heat.
- Sprinkle sugar or honey over the top and cook until the sugar has browned. Turn the feijoas in the pan to check and to cook both sides.
To make the omelette
- Whisk the eggs with 2 tablespoons of water, the cinnamon and vanilla essence in a bowl until the ingredients are combined.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a 26cm pan or similar. Pour the egg mixture into the hot pan.
- While the egg is cooking, draw the mixture away from the edge of the pan and then tilt the pan so that the runny mixture fills the hole.
- Repeat this until the egg won't run any more, but is still moist on top.
- Put the feijoas down the left-hand side of the omelette (right-hand side if you're left handed) then fold the other side over the top.
- Tip the omelette upside down onto a plate and serve with cream, yoghurt or ice cream or enjoy it on it's own.