Savoury French Toast with Prosciutto
- 5 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 400 g (approx) truss cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices day old sourdough or woodfired bread, about 2cm thick
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, grilled and finely diced
- 2 teaspoon shredded basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and pour into a shallow dish.
- Soak the bread in the mixture for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Place the tomatoes onto the lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Lightly oil a large non-stick frying pan.
- Cook the bread in batches over low to medium heat for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serve the French toast with the tomatoes and sprinkle with diced prosciutto and basil.