- 2 XL Big Paddock eggs at room temperature
- Water for boiling
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Toasted bread or English muffin to serve
- Fill a large shallow frying pan with water 3 - 4 cm deep and heat to a rolling boil. Add vinegar.
- Break an egg into a small cup and reduce to a low heat.
- Gently pour the egg into the water and repeat with additional eggs. Cook gently for 3 - 5 minutes, until cooked to your liking, or when the yolk is set and the white is firm.
- Lift the eggs out using a slotted spoon or fish slice and drain.
- Place eggs on hot toast or muffin and serve immediately.
- TIP: You can pat the spoon on top of a paper towel or tea towel to help this process.
Serve on hot buttered toast.
The fresher the egg the better it is for poaching.