- 2 XL Big Paddock eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil OR 25g butter with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Buttered toast
- Grilled bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms to serve (optional)
- Place the vegetable oil or butter and vegetable oil combination in to a small non-stick frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat butter or oil until it sizzles – but NOT smoking.
- Crack the eggs straight into the pan.
- Turn heat to low to medium heat for 1 minute or until the whites are set.
- Tilt the pan slightly and use a large spoon to scoop the surplus hot oil/fat over the top of the eggs until the yolk is cooked to your liking – 1 - 3 minutes.
- For over easy eggs, carefully slide a spatula underneath the cooked eggs and flip over to cook for 1 minute.
- Once cooked, lift the eggs from the pan using a spatula and place onto paper towels to drain excess fat.
- Serve with sliced, buttered toast and/or grilled bacon with tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Serve fried eggs for breakfast, in a sandwich or on top of steaks, cheeseburgers or hash browns.
To prevent the eggs sticking to the pan during frying, sprinkle a little salt on the hot butter or oil before adding the egg to the pan.