- 4 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 4 tablespoon Milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 6-8 slices toast bread
- Optional: fresh fruit to serve eg. Blueberries
- Mix 4 eggs and 4 tablespoons milk in a bowl with a pinch of cinnamon. Mix well.
- Cut 6 to 8 thick toast slices of bread – these can then be cut into halves or triangles if you wish.
- Heat a little margarine or butter in a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
- Dip bread one piece at a time into the egg and milk mixture. Coat both sides well.
- Put coated bread into fry pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side – or until golden. You should be able to cook 2 - 4 pieces at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread (add a little more of the margarine or butter if needed between batches).
- Serve warm with fresh or tinned fruit and a spoon of yoghurt, or with sliced banana and runny honey.
For a special treat, serve with sliced banana and lean bacon.
Recipe Credit: breakfast-eaters.org.nz