Easy Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce
Serves 4 – Recipe by Sophie Gray
- 4 size 6 or 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 4 English muffins
- 4 rashers of bacon
- For the Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 size 6 or 7 Big Paddock egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 150g butter – melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a blender or processer and process until pale and smooth.
- Very slowly pour in the melted butter while motor is running.
- The mixture should remain thick and pale.
- Gently reheat in a bowl set over simmering water.
To assemble the dish
- Simply grill or microwave the bacon rashers.
- Toast the muffins.
- Poach the eggs.
- Place the bacon on to a toasted muffin, top with a poached egg, add a spoonful of hollandaise and a grind of black pepper.
The sauce can be made the night before.When making the hollandaise sauce tilt the processor to increase the depth of the liquid, allowing the blades to really beat or whisk the mixture so it coagulates – propping a book or chopping board under one edge works well.