Vegetable & Feta Rice Tart
- 1 size 7 Big Paddock egg, lightly beaten
- 4 size 7 Big Paddock eggs (in addition to the one), lightly beaten
- ½ cup long grain rice, cooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 75g button mushrooms, sliced
- 50g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 250g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes and steamed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 23cm pie dish.
- Combine the rice and one egg and using the back of a spoon, smooth into the pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and cook the onion for 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the spinach and stir through until wilted slightly.
- Arrange half the feta into the pie shell, and top with the pumpkin.
- Spread the onion mixture over the top, then the remaining feta.
- Pour the remaining four eggs over and nestle the tomatoes, cut side up, into the filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set and golden.
- Stand for 5 minutes, before cutting into wedges to serve.
Serve with a crisp green salad.