Tuna, Potato & Parsley Omelette
Serves 2 – Recipe by Howard Helmer
- 2 size 6 or 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 x 185g can tuna in springwater
- 1 cup diced, cooked potato
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- Preheat grill.
- Beat eggs, water and seasoning together in a bowl until well blended.
- In a non-stick fry pan, heat oil until it sizzles – but NOT smoking.
- Pour in ½ of the egg mixture.
- With an inverted spatula pull cooked portions of egg from the perimeter of the pan to the centre so any uncooked egg can flow into and reach the hot surface, tilting the pan and moving it as necessary.
- Do this around the pan until the egg starts to set and covers the whole bottom of the pan but is still moist on top, it should take about 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle with the tuna, potato and spring onion and heat through.
- Pour over remaining egg mixture and place pan under the grill and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until golden.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Choose a frying pan which can be placed under a hot grill.