Tex Mex Omelette Wrap
Serves 1 – Recipe by Howard Helmer
- 2 size 6 or 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 1 burrito size flour tortilla (the size of your frying pan)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- For the filling:
- ½ cup diced red and green peppers
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced pre-cooked bacon, chicken, shrimp and/or ham
- Guacamole and sour cream for serving
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat and dry fry the tortilla for about 15 seconds on each side and set aside on a serving plate.
- Beat eggs and water in a small bowl until well blended and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same pan, heat butter or oil until it sizzles - but NOT smoking.
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- With an inverted spatula pull cooked portions of egg from the perimeter of the pan to the centre so any uncooked egg can flow into and reach the hot surface, tilting the pan and moving it as necessary.
- Do this around the pan until the egg starts to set and covers the whole bottom of the pan but is still moist on top, it should take about 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle filling around the top of the omelette.
- Holding the plate with the tortilla in one hand and the pan in the other, slide the omelette on top of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla but not too tightly.
Slice the rolled tortilla in half. Place one half horizontally on the plate and lean the other half upright against it. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.