Spicy Fried Noodles
Serves 4–6 Recipe by Sophie Gray
- 3 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 1 boneless chicken breast or other meat cut into thin strips for stir-frying, or seafood such as prawns
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cups vegetables thinly sliced – carrot, courgette, cabbage – include frozen vegetables if you like
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Juice of a lime
- 250g dried noodles - soaked and drained according to the packet directions
- Coriander to garnish - optional
- Heat half the oil in a wok and stir fry the chicken, then remove it and set it aside.
- Peel and slice the vegetables while the chicken is cooking.
- Add the remainder of the oil to the pan and cook the vegetables, garlic and ginger, stir frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and add the re-constituted noodles to the wok.
- Stir fry to heat through, then pour in the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pan, and when all is piping hot, push the noodles and vegetables up the sides of the wok making a well in the middle.
- Quickly break in the eggs and whisk with a fork, then toss?through the noodles.
- It won’t look eggy, just glossy and delicious.
- Add the bean sprouts and finish with a squeeze of lime juice and a handful of fresh coriander.