Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
- 8 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 1 whole smoked trout (about 400g) or smoked salmon
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated with all the excess liquid squeezed out
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 26 x 16cm slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
- Pull all the flesh from the trout (or smoked salmon), discarding the skin and bones.
- Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl.
- Add zucchini, onions, dill and lemon rind to the fish and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs and sour cream and add to the fish mixture.
- Stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown.
- Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely before slicing into 24 squares.
Place onto a serving platter and top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream and dill sprig.