Russian Egg Salad
- 6 size 6 or 7 Big Paddock eggs
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup low fat, unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoon chopped char grilled or roasted red capsicum (available from the deli or supermarket)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus extra to garnish
- 8 slices rye bread
- Place the eggs into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- When it begins to boil, uncover and start timing for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool under cold water, then peel.
- Roughly chop the eggs.
- Combine the sour cream, yoghurt and mustard until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped egg, chives and char grilled or roasted capsicum.
- Pile onto the rye bread as an open sandwich.
- Sprinkle with extra chives.