Quick & Easy Carbonara
Serves 4 – 6 – Recipe by Sophie Gray
- 3 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 2 size 7 Big Paddock yolks
- Spaghetti or other pasta for the number of people you are serving
- 3 good quality meat sausages – nice herby or spicy ones work well or a couple of rashers of bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ – ½ cup pasta cooking water
- Several handfuls fresh chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- While pasta is cooking make the sauce.
- Heat a medium saucepan or frying pan and squeeze the sausage meat from the sausage casings.
- Discard the casings and fry the sausage meat crumbling it as it cooks. If using bacon, chop and sauté in a drop of oil if you need it.
- Add the crushed garlic and when soft set the pan aside.
- Beat eggs and egg yolks together and stir in parmesan cheese.
- When pasta is cooked, drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Pour drained pasta into the pan with cooked sausage or bacon.
- Add the egg mixture and enough of the cooking liquid to create a creamy sauce.
- Stir gently until the pasta is coated, taking care not to scramble the eggs.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and serve.