Serves 2 – Recipe by Howard Helmer
- 6 size 6 or 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola, rice bran or olive oil
- 40g sliced pepperoni
- 150g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted black olives
- Preheat grill.
- Beat the eggs, oregano, salt and freshly ground pepper together in a bowl until well blended.
- In a non-stick fry pan, heat oil until it sizzles – but NOT smoking.
- With an inverted spatula pull cooked portions of egg from the perimeter of the pan to the centre so any uncooked egg can flow into and reach the hot surface, tilting the pan and moving it as necessary.
- Do this around the pan until the egg starts to set and covers the whole bottom of the pan but is still moist on top, it should take about 20 seconds.
- Shake pan so egg mixture is level.
- Top with the tomatoes, pepperoni, cheese and olives.
- Cook under the preheated grill for 4 - 5 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve with rocket.