Pasta Bows with Broccoli, Ham & Creamy Wholegrain Mustard Sauce
- 3 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 2 size 7 Big Paddock yolks
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 head broccoli – approx 2 cups when cut in small florets
- ½ cup baby peas
- 150g ham cut in thin strips (shaved ham is fine)
- ½ cup of the water the pasta was cooked in
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Dried pasta bows for 4 people
- In a non-stick frying pan, gently fry the leek until soft.
- While the leek is cooking boil the pasta according to the packet directions.
- Boil or microwave the broccoli and peas until tender.
- Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolks with the parmesan and set aside.
- When the leek is soft and turning golden, toss in the ham strips and wholegrain mustard.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it reserving ½ a cup of the cooking liquid.
- Pour the drained pasta back into the pot and add the vegetables and ham.
- Stir in the egg mixture with enough of the cooking liquid to create a creamy sauce.
- Mix gently until the pasta is coated, taking care not to scramble the eggs.
Serve with extra parmesan.