Hash Brown Potato Cake with Capsicum & Corn
- 6 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 400g frozen hash browns partially defrosted – they don’t take long
- ½ red onion chopped
- ½ red capsicum chopped
- 1 x 400g can corn kernels drained
- 100g ham pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Break the hash browns into pieces and place them in a medium non stick frying pan.
- Fry until the pieces are turning golden brown on both sides.
- Add the onion, capsicum, ham and corn to the pan.
- Continue cooking until the vegetables are turning light golden.
- Don’t worry if the hash browns break up a bit.
- While the hash browns are cooking whisk together the eggs, milk and salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook gently tilting the pan so the uncooked egg runs to the edges.
- When the eggs starts to set around the edges and begins to firm in the middle, place the pan under the grill to finish cooking.
- The potato cake should be firm and golden brown.
Serve with a crisp salad and your favourite red sauce – tomato, barbecue, rocket fuel, Kaitaia fire.
Choose a frying pan which can be placed under a hot grill.