Feta & Spinach Omelette
- 4 size 6 or 7 Big Paddock eggs
- Salt and pepper
- ½ bunch spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 30g feta cheese, crumbled
- Lightly beat the eggs and seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Remove stalks from the spinach leaves and discard.
- Wash and dry the leaves, then finely shred.
- Heat half of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 4 - 5 minutes or until soft and lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir until wilted slightly.
- Sprinkle the feta over the top.
- Pour the eggs into the frying pan and continue cooking over a medium low heat for 5 minutes or until set underneath.
- Cook the top of the omelette under a hot grill for 2 - 3 minutes or until set and golden.
- Slide out onto a plate and cut into 6 wedges.
Serve with salad and crusty bread.
Choose a frying pan which can be placed under a hot grill.