Egg, Bacon & Vegetable Bake
- 4 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 rashers shortcut bacon, chopped
- 400g Desiree potatoes (unpeeled), cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 250g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2-3cm piece
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil spray
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the bacon for 4 - 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine the bacon, potatoes, pumpkin, onion, and tomatoes into a 30x20x6cm (8 cup capacity) ovenproof dish, and spray with oil.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning the mixture once or twice during cooking.
- Place the broccoli into a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Stand for 2 minutes then drain.
- Remove the dish from the oven and mix in the broccoli.
- Push the mixture out to make 4 holes, spaced evenly apart.
- Carefully break an egg into each hole.
- Return to the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the whites have just set.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out the eggs, and surround with the potato mixture.
- Serve immediately.