Egg & Lettuce Salad Cups
- 4 size 6 Big Paddock eggs
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced diagonally
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Place the eggs into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- When it starts to boil uncover and start timing for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool under cold water, then peel.
- Chop the eggs and combine in a large bowl with the capsicum, cucumber, onions, carrot and bean sprouts.
- Combine the juice and sauces in a small bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Pour over the vegetable mixture and gently mix through.
- To serve, spoon into lettuce leaves.
This can also be eaten as a wrap. To make this a more child friendly meal, just leave off the dressing and coriander, and add some grated cheese.
To make vegetarian, replace the fish sauce with a little soy sauce.
You can prepare the filling up to 1 hour in advance, keeping covered in the fridge. Dress just before serving.