Egg & Antipasto Salad
- 4 size 7 Big Paddock eggs
- 1 large bunch rocket, trimmed
- 1 x 400g can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 100g chargrilled capsicum, cut into thin strips (from a jar or the deli)
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, finely sliced lengthways
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, rinse and drained
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- Place the eggs into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Once it begins to boil, uncover and start timing for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool under cold water, then peel.
- Arrange the rocket, artichokes, olives, capsicum, tomatoes, onion and beans into shallow bowls or onto plates.
- Cut the eggs into quarters and arrange on top.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar and mustard together with a fork and drizzle over the salads, then sprinkle the basil over.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
To make this a more child friendly meal, replace the rocket with torn Cos lettuce leaves, omit the olives and onions. Add 200g chopped shaved ham, and add chopped cucumber and/or carrot.