Corn & Tuna Kumara
- 4 size 7 Big Paddock eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 kilo kumara
- 2 x 125g cans corn kernels, drained
- 1 x 185g can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup finely grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place the kumara onto an oven tray and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until tender (test with a pointed knife in the side).
- Remove from the oven and when cool enough to handle, cut in half horizontally.
- Scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1cm in the skin.
- Mash the kumara with a fork and add the corn, tuna and parsley.
- Stir in the eggs and season to taste.
- Place the kumara shells onto an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Spoon the mixture into the kumara shells (if the shells are very soft, prop the sides with a little folded foil).
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set and golden.
Serve immediately with salad or steamed green vegetables.
Any leftover filling can be put into a greased ovenproof ramekin and baked along side the kumara.If you like, use tuna in chilli oil or for a spicy twist add chilli to the mix.