Cheesy Mushroom Quesadillas
Serves 2 – Recipe by Sophie Gray
- 3 size 7 Big Paddock eggs lightly beaten
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ¾ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the mushrooms and chopped onion until soft.
- Add the beaten eggs, parsley, salt and pepper, and cook until the mixture begins to set.
- Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan, grill plate or panini press.
- Spray one side of each tortilla with cooking spray and place spray side down on the hot pan or grill plate.
- Spoon on half the mushroom and egg mixture and add some grated cheese.
- Top with another tortilla making sure the sprayed side faces up.
- Cook until golden and crispy on the bottom, then carefully flip and cook on the other side (unless using panini press.
- Then repeat the process until all four tortillas have been cooked and filled.
Cut into wedges and serve with salsa or tomato sauce.